Children have different attitudes, perspectives and concerns. They have different health care needs than adults - and they experience hospitalization differently, too!
Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital focuses on the unique needs of children. Through our skilled and compassionate staff, modern new facility and state-of-the-art technology, we'll make the hospital experience positive and reassuring for you and your child.
What Makes Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital Special?
- Our skilled health care team has specialized training to care for children and infants
- Our Emergency Center is specially designed to serve children with urgent and emergent conditions in a child-friendly environment. We have pediatric emergency rooms equipped and ready to treat your family. Every day, 24 hours a day, your child will be seen by either a board-certified pediatrician or a board-certified emergency medicine physician.
- Comfortable patient rooms, include window-seat sofa beds for family members staying overnight
- The services of our Child Life Specialist help to make each child's health care experience less frightening by explaining to children what to expect during hospitalization or how to cope with the illness or injury of a family member
- A Level II neonatal intensive care unit provides intermediate care for infants who require continuous monitoring and observational support
- Soothing infant massage is available upon request
- Convenient nutrition services include on-demand room service and family kitchens
- A playroom available for patients, equipped with toys and educational videos
- We share the support and resources of Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center complex
- Access to the Children's Transport Team provides specialized emergency pediatric and neonatal transport services for patients by ground ambulance or by air via Memorial Hermann Life Flight®
Need a Referral?
If you need a referral to an affiliated pediatrician or information on any of the services available at Memorial Hermann Sugar Land, call (713) 222-CARE.
Memorial Hermann Sugar Land