The International Services Center at Memorial Hermann welcomes patients from around the world each year who seek an initial diagnosis, treatment for a diagnosed disease or disorder, a valued second opinion, or an annual check-up.
Learn More About International Services
A Multicultural Team and Total Patient Care
Experienced physicians and staff at the Center are dedicated to providing comprehensive care and meeting the cultural needs of international patients. The International Services team speak a variety of languages. In addition, our total case management approach reduces your concerns about coming to a new country while making your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible.
Personal Patient Liaisons
Personal liaisons greet and accompany international patients from the moment of arrival to ease the cultural and social transition and provide personalized services.
- Assist with preregistration
- Review patients records prior to arrival
- Provide financial counseling and insurance verification
- Prepare pre-arrival cost estimates
- Arrange appointments with physicians
- Coordinate care among specialists to ensure total communication
- Arrange travel and accommodations from the airport
- Provide useful information about the city
- Provide interpretation and translation services
- Provide for special religious and cultural needs and diets
- Arrange for VIP accommodations at the hospital
- Facilitate access to medical records quickly and easily
- Follow up with patient after returning home when needed
Exchange Program for Health Professionals
Memorial Hermann and our Centers of Excellence are also centers for learning and knowledge exchange for physicians and health professionals. Working with physicians, clinical staff and administrators, the Memorial Hermann International Services team provides customized programs to meet specific needs for international health professionals through the Observer Exchange Program.
Signature Suites and Services
Designed for patients who desire hospital care in an atmosphere more commonly associated with fine hotels, the Suites offer quality, attentive care in a private, healing atmosphere.
Specialty Services & Programs
Our System offers services in every medical specialty, including an acute-care hospital dedicated to meeting the cultural needs of international patients.
The International Services Center is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. For more information, please call (800) 790-7890 or (713) 704-5515.
16-year-old Avoids Heart Transplant With Innovative Biventricular Conversion Procedure
October 1, 2021
Rasheed Alshammari had been on the waiting list for a heart transplant at a California hospital for over a year. When the surgeon who was to perform the transplant left the hospital, Rasheed was removed from the list.
If you are an international patient wanting to visit Memorial Hermann, please fill out the form below, and we will contact you.