- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Yellow Onion, coursely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Thyme Leaves
- 2 Jars of Roasted Bell Peppers
- 1 28-ounce Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- Optional garnishes:
- Crème Fraîche
- Sprigs of Thyme
- Basil Leaves
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
Then, add the garlic, basil, and thyme and cook for about 2 more minutes. Stir in the red peppers and tomatoes, with their juices, and simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Then, add the stock and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
In batches, carefully transfer the contents of the saucepan to the bowl or a food processor. Purée the mixture. Return the puréed mixture to the saucepan to reheat.
When serving, garnish with crème fraîche, thyme, and basil as desired. Consider the addition of H-E-B’s 100% Whole Grain Select Ingredient Fresh Bread.