- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, thick ends trimmed and cut into very thin slices
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Yellow Squash, diced
- Lemon juice from ½ of lemon
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Capellini, spaghettini or shaghetti
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Use 1 teaspoon salt per cup of water.
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and asparagus. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta to the water and stir. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente according to the package directions. Reserve about ½ cup of the cooking water in a bowl or measuring cup and drain the pasta.
- Add the drained pasta and the parsley to the serving bowl. Toss to coat. Add as much of the pasta water as needed to loosen up the pasta and get the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add additional lemon juice from the remaining half lemon if you’d like more acidity.