This program is best suited for full-time college students (ages 18-24) interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. It is a twelve week program offered during both fall and spring semesters, requiring the student to serve one four hour shift each week for a minimum of 50 hours. College volunteers are assigned to serve in our Clinics, Medical Departments, Screening Station/Transportation, Administration/Clerical areas, and Nursing Units.
- Commitment: The program requires the student to be enrolled in an accredited higher education institution full-time, attend the mandatory orientation and to serve at least four hours every week, not missing any shifts during the program (excluding holidays and breaks).
- Interview: Volunteer staff will review and select candidates based on their applications in order to set up a one-on-one interview to be completed in person. If you are selected to be a part of the College Volunteer Program, you will be asked to complete an online background check as well as pass a general health screen which is provided at no cost to you by our organization.
- Orientation: All potential volunteers must pass the background check, health screen and interview process before attending an orientation. Once completed, a coordinator will assign the candidate to an upcoming orientation. Orientations should last no more than three hours. Individuals will learn about the organization, what it means to volunteer, policies, rules and regulations.
- Training: Each student will receive one-the-job training in their assigned placements by Memorial Hermann – TMC staff and clinicians during their first official day of volunteering.
- Volunteer: Students will volunteer a minimum of four service hours per week throughout the twelve week program. Recommendation letters are provided to those students who meet all program requirements.
- Application Process: If you are able to meet all of the above described requirements and are interested in submitting a volunteer application, please contact us. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee admission into the program.