Visitor Policy (Effective 02/11/2021)
Memorial Hermann recognizes the importance of family support in the healing process and effective Thursday, Feb. 11, 2021, the health system will begin allowing one adult (18 and over) visitor, per patient per day. All visitors will be required to clear a health screening and will be provided a mask to wear upon entry and throughout their entire visit. This new policy applies to our hospitals, as well as TIRR Memorial Hermann and Katy Rehab.
Additional details of the updated visitor policy include:
- One visitor (18 and over) will be allowed, per patient per day.
- Pediatrics will allow two adult visitors (18 and over) per patient per day.
- No overnight visitors are allowed with the exception of one adult (18 and over) overnight visitor for Labor & Delivery and pediatric patients.
- Age restrictions do not apply to visitors under 18 who present in the Emergency Center with a patient. Minors who accompany Emergency Center patients may remain with the patient.
- Visiting hours for all Memorial Hermann hospitals, TIRR Memorial Hermann and Katy Rehab are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Visitors of Day Surgery patients will be allowed to remain onsite until the patient is discharged, as long as social distancing is not compromised in the waiting area.
- One adult (18 and over) visitor will be allowed per day for patients in contact isolation. No visitors for patients in droplet, airborne or a combination of isolation precautions.
- Family members may visit patients in hospice or supportive medicine care.
- Visitors may utilize hospital cafeterias and cafés.
- Very limited compassionate exceptions to the modified visitor policy will be made for areas including but not limited to the NICU, Pediatrics and Labor & Delivery, and will be managed by each facility.
Memorial Hermann’s outpatient facilities, including Memorial Hermann Imaging Centers, Memorial Hermann Breast Care Centers, Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation locations and Memorial Hermann Medical Group clinics will continue to enforce a no-visitor policy with very limited exceptions until further notice to ensure social distancing can be achieved in waiting areas. University Place continues to adhere to the state’s guidelines for nursing center visitation.
Approved visitors will be required to clear a health screening before entering the facility, as well as wear a Memorial Hermann-provided mask at all times. Please visit memorialhermann.org/screening to complete online screening prior to arrival.
We know it is important for you to receive regular updates on the status of your loved one. We have set up the following dedicated hours – between 1 and 5 p.m., 7 days a week - where authorized family and friends can reach our clinical staff to receive a status update on your loved one. Zoom calls are also available upon request. To ensure our clinical teams can give you their full attention, we ask that one representative from your family call for updates.