Information on Memorial Hermann’s COVID-19 Vaccine Drive-Thru at NRG Park
Memorial Hermann is proud to announce that it is teaming up with NRG Park to offer a COVID-19 Vaccine Drive-Thru Clinic at NRG Park this week. The Clinic will be available only to pre-registered individuals and will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 14 – Sunday, Jan. 17. Vaccination is by appointment only. Walk-ins will not be accommodated.
During this four-day event, Memorial Hermann plans to vaccinate approximately 13,000 individuals who are 65 years of age or older, consistent with the State’s vaccination distribution Phase 1B guidelines. Because of the limited number of vaccines, individuals who do not have an appointment confirmation, or a photo ID that matches the name and date of birth on the appointment confirmation, will not be vaccinated. Individuals who have been invited to participate in this event include: active, established Memorial Hermann Medical Group patients 65 years of age and older; individuals who have a relationship with Memorial Hermann and are 65 years of age and older; and members of the general community who are 65 years of age or older.
We remain committed to expanding our vaccination capacity by adding more locations and more appointments as quickly as possible. We also hope to host more events like this in the near future as we continue to make vaccination available to all those who are eligible, and eventually to all patients and members of the community. The speed at which we can move through additional populations will be determined by continued and/or increased vaccine supply. This process takes time – we estimate it may take several months to get through the State’s Phase 1B – so we appreciate the community’s patience and understanding during this time and pledge to keep things moving just as quickly and efficiently as we possibly can.
New information will continue to be shared on Memorial Hermann’s website and social media channels, so please be sure to check back often for the latest updates.
Visitor Policy (Effective 12/03/2020)
Memorial Hermann facilities are no longer permitting in-person visitors. Recognizing the important role loved ones play in the healing process, Memorial Hermann encourages the use of mobile and personal devices for virtual visits with patients. iPads are provided to patients without a mobile or personal device. Exceptions for one in-person visitor (not a rotation of visitors), include:
- One adult (18 and over) visitor for laboring women.
- One adult visitor (parent or guardian) for pediatric inpatients.
- Two adult visitors for pediatric Emergency Center patients and pediatric patients undergoing surgery in the operating room. Once the patient is admitted to inpatient status, only one adult visitor is permitted.
- Family members for patients in hospice or supportive medicine.
- One visitor for patients receiving emergent care. (Age restrictions do not apply to visitors under 18 who present in the Emergency Center with a patient. Minors who accompany Emergency Center patients may remain with the patient.)
- One adult visitor for patients at the time of discharge following a surgery or procedure.
- Exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by a hospital administrative representative.
Approved visitors will be required to clear a health screening before entering the facility, as well as wear a Memorial Hermann-provided mask at all times. Please visit memorialhermann.org/screening to complete online screening prior to arrival.
We know it is important for you to receive regular updates on the status of your loved one. We have set up the following dedicated hours – between 1 and 5 p.m., 7 days a week - where authorized family and friends can reach our clinical staff to receive a status update on your loved one. Zoom calls are also available upon request. To ensure our clinical teams can give you their full attention, we ask that one representative from your family call for updates.