BiPAP (bilevel positive airway pressure) therapy is similar to CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) in its noninvasive approach to treating patients with sleep apnea. The DreamStation™ Sleep Therapy Auto BiPAP includes a breath-timing feature that measures the number of breaths per minute a person should take. If too much time lapses between breaths, the machine temporarily increases the air pressure, forcing the person to breathe.
- Ramp and SmartRamp gradually adjust pressure, beginning with a low setting as the user falls asleep. SmartRamp monitors the user and increases pressure when an event occurs.
- EZ Start provides automatic, personalized adjustments to pressure that help patients gradually acclimate to the prescribed level of therapy.
- A variety of automated responses, including proactive performance, leak management, flow limitation and others, are designed to recognize conditions and adjust accordingly.
- BiFlex pressure relief technology creates a more natural breathing pattern during therapy.
Convenient and User-Friendly
- A simple and practical LCD display with an ambient light sensor offers separate screens for setup menus and sleep data.
- Auto On/Off detects if the user has the mask on or off, and starts or stops therapy accordingly.
- A mask fit check feature monitors airflow and provides feedback to the display, indicating when a proper fit is detected.
- Bluetooth® is integrated on every device, with optional Wi-Fi and cellular modems available.
- The DreamMapper™ patient self-management system delivers detailed feedback to smartphones, tablets or computers.
- Performance check simplifies in-home device evaluation and reduces the incidence of service for normally functioning devices.
Thank you for your interest in Memorial Hermann Home Medical Equipment. For more information about this product, call the Memorial Hermann Home Medical and Respiratory Equipment department at (281) 784-7550.