Volunteering is as rewarding to the volunteer as it is beneficial to the patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Gaining experience and new skills
- Making new friends
- Developing a sense of self-worth and meaning to your life
- Giving back to the hospital and community
- Being part of a team that promotes the best in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Complete an application/interview
- Commit to at least one year of service
- Be willing to work one day per week Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Successfully complete the orientation and training
- Adhere to a uniform dress code
Areas of Service:
- Information Desk
- Family Support in waiting areas
- Hospital support/transportation
- Escorting patients/visitors
- Nursing units
- Clerical assistance
Benefits for Volunteers:
- Complimentary meal in the hospital cafeteria
- Free annual tuberculosis screening and flu shots
- Recognition parties and luncheons
Volunteer Programs and Applications:
The Adult Volunteer Program is our year round program. This program is best suited for long-term volunteers that want to serve the hospital and its patients. Due to COVID-19, we currently are not processing volunteer applications. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check this page for updates.
The Junior Volunteer Summer Program is for high school students (minimum age 15 years old). The applications for the 2021 Summer Junior Program will be available on this webpage to the general public sometime in March 2021, based on availability. This is a first come, first served program for high school students.
For more information contact:
Memorial Hermann Cypress Volunteer Department
27800 Northwest Freeway
Cypress, Texas 77433